Last Updated on 2021-02-15 by Kassandra
Clutter is not just that pile of whatever you’ll get to later.
It can have a negative impact on you mentally, physically, emotionally … and can even impact your ability to do business.
In this post, I will share with you the benefits of organization as well as some tools that can help you get started on the journey to create more peace in your life through organization.
Table of contents
Create Peace Using Organization In Your Business
Hello fellow prosperous heart!
Are you frustrated in your business due to lack of time or not being able to remember where some of your precious files are?
You’re not alone. And according to Small Biz Trends, 75% of struggling small business owners believe being disorganized leads to productivity loss.
And in 2015, a survey done by Decluttr (a service for turning unwanted clutter into cash) and the National Association for Professional Organizers (NAPO) found that 54% of Americans surveyed were overwhelmed with clutter. 78% had no idea what to do with it or found it too complicated to deal with so they let it build up…
And what happens when people get overwhelmed?
Usually nothing. As in can’t make a decision.
Chaos’ Impact To Your Health
Some of the short-term health effects can be anxiety and panic attacks. Over time, the effects can result in the form of depression, fatigue, and a long list of chronic diseases.
Now obviously I am not a doctor. I have, however, seen the film Stress, Portrait of a Killer – so I know how important it is to live a more stress free life.
And in the following video, I’m going to be sharing with you some ideas and tools to help you get more organized, create more peace, and live a more prosperous life being being more organized.
If you would like the information I mention in the video:
- most of it is already here in this blog post
- Are you on Facebook? When you click here, my chat bot will reach out to you via PM. (it’s the same thing as if you were on the Facebook live and left a comment with the magic word)
- On Facebook & want information about my upcoming workshop that relates to your digital real estate? Then click here. If you’re not on Facebook or simply also wish to learn more via email, please send me one here.
Benefits Of Organization
We all know there are a multitude of benefits when everything has a place, and everything is in it’s place. But in case you were unaware, here are 7 direct and 5 indirect benefits of being (and staying) organized.
7 Direct Benefits Of Organization
- Reduce your stress level – it’s nearly impossible to focus on other important matters when chaos looms around every paper stack
- Save time for things you WANT to do
- Save time by knowing what happens when & where everything is
- Increase productivity
- Less wasted time inversely means you have more time for productivity – it’s what you do with that time that counts!
- Improve communication flow
- Can have more streamlined processes
- Easily keep track of what you have – or need
- Be better prepared for important planning (more likely to be consistently on time)
- Can set alerts & reminders
- Can not plan back to back meetings
- Ensure you meet deadlines – you know when they are!
- Improves health and overall wellbeing
- In digital age, no dust to clean up after – but less stress will improve your health (less depression, anxiety, heart problems, etc)
- Creates a clutter free mental and physical space
- Destressing leads to greater inner peace
- Promotes creativity
- Disorganized space stifles creativity – unfocused mind, over stimulation, etc
- When not overwhelmed your mind can wander
- Save money
- You’ll know what products/services you’ve purchased in the past so you don’t buy again (or for your home)
5 Indirect Benefits Of Organization
- Self confidence boost (e.g.: Making your bed every morning)
- You completed something (the power of micro tasks)
- If your physical space, provides a clean attracting home or office you can be proud of
- Gives you the opportunity to clear out space
- Promotes charity, giving, and helping others – could give away things you no longer need/use
- With time freed up, you could …
- Nurture your relationships
- Work on a new hobby
- Meet new people
- Improve your processes
- Sleep better at night – it’s not on your mind
As you can see, there are a lot of benefits to being organized.
What new habits will you start today to create more organization, declutter, and less stress in your life?
If you’re uncertain, here are 20 awesome organizing tools to check out. It has apps for being more organized with your finances, calendar, and more! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Google Drive / Microsoft OneDrive
- Google Tasks
- If you’re not aware of how your digital marketing real estate affects your visibility, here’s a quick bit of info for you.
- Sometimes people get overwhelmed about organization because of their mindset about it. Here is an article from Psychology Today that speaks to that as well as some suggestions on how to overcome it.
- Got kids? Here’s an article on why kids struggle with organization & time management.
- Even if you don’t have ADHD, here are 33 ADHD-Friendly Ways to Get Organized.
- In order to provide some of the information in the article above, I also used this from Monster and this from Organized Mind & Life.
- The Simply Productive site created this article with some amazing statistics when it comes to organizing & time management.
- Looking for inspiration to tidy up? Here’s 35 Surprising Home Organization Statistics That’ll Inspire You To Tidy Up.
Looking to receive information on how to create better digital marketing results?
Or how to break down the tech into easy to understand byte sized pieces?
Be sure to sign up for my email newsletter here.