Previous Post: 15 Money Saving Ideas for Couples
Next Post: 4 Ways to Harness Your Brain Power!
According to a 2009 Gallup Poll, 85% of Americans who don’t play a musical instrument wish that they could. So why don’t they?
Most of the reasons people give not to learn something new are:
- they’re too old
- they’re not good enough
- they’re too busy
- they’re too young / wouldn’t understand
But these excuses really don’t mean much. Especially when science has found that learning a lasting skill (like guitar or an online business model) can harness the brain’s joy for learning new things & leave you with a permanent sense of fulfillment & value, or “self actualization”.
Don’t want to work on getting your degree because you’re older than 25? Where will you be in 4 more years? 10?
Not good enough? Everyone has to start somewhere. With learning, comes mastery! Even those that are awesome at what they do, they started somewhere.
You’re too busy? Taking even just 15 minutes a day of focused learning & action can do wonders for you!
Way back in the day, Aristotle realized that there is a difference between hedonia (pleasures of the moment) and eudaimonia (the satisfaction the comes from CONSTANTLY developing and living one’s life to the fullest). Scientists are only now beginning to study eudaimonia, and what they’ve begun to discover is fascinating.
- greater sense of purpose
- lower cortisol (stress) levels
- better immune function
- more efficient sleep
- improving working memory
- better verbal intelligence
- increased language skills
We’ve found that when your brain learns new things, amazing things happen!
- As you learn a new skill, it gets easier to do. Especially when you’re consistent! The more adept you are, the less your brain has to learn. Your brain strengthens itself over time as it learns.
- New synapses (connections between neurons) are formed when you learn something new! The more connections there are, the more we learn. (And quicker!)
And tomorrow, I’ll give you some tips on how to utilize this so you can learn things more quickly and efficiently!
For more information, be sure to check out these sites that inspired this blog post:
And if you’re looking to start something new (yay for a happy brain!) that will help bring in extra income AND already has a road map for you?
Then check this out!